HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Faith Heating & Cooling
22 Posts
that cap section is what is likely causing you your sludge backup problem. try elbowing off that drain pan and installing a p trap with slightly pitched drain lines to where you drain it. that interruption in the flow of water creates a vortex and will cause crap to build up in your lines.

hope it helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
that cap section is what is likely causing you your sludge backup problem. try elbowing off that drain pan and installing a p trap with slightly pitched drain lines to where you drain it. that interruption in the flow of water creates a vortex and will cause crap to build up in your lines.

hope it helps.

What is the liquid can?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Luckily, unclogging and cleaning the AC drain line is easy to do with tools you probably already have in your cleaning closet.
The AC condensate drain line removes the water released when the evaporator in your AC unit converts refrigerant from a liquid to a gas. Over time, algae and other muck can build up. This may lead ot an AC drain line clog if you don’t maintain your AC unit regularly.

How Can I Tell If My AC Drain Line Is Clogged?
you’ll know the AC drain line is clogged because the drain pan is full of water. Make it a habit to check your drain pan whenever you change the filter, so you can catch any issue right away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts