HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, need some help from the more experienced ones here. New 5ton coil and condenser no txv. Low suction pressure about 90 psi fluctuates but never above 105psi. High side is good. Super heat is like 2 and subcooling is around 1. Unit keeps freezing up. I'm thinking it's an air flow issue.

Where would you guys be looking/start to solve this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
2 things: when I find the pressure fluctuates I it is normally non condensables in the system. As for freezing up there is a airflow issue. Check the indoor coil for dirt or loose filters get sucked up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Always check static pressure first when the coil is not frozen. Make sure filter is clean and all vents/dampers are open.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A superheat of two, unless it's a centrifugal, is probably a superheat of zero. A subcooling of one is probably a subcooling of zero.

Sounds like it's got the wrong oriface, I'm guessing head is actually low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
What type of system is it, thats the first thing and u said no tvx so cap tube ?? goto give up more information, can't help if everything is so vague. superheat and subool are looking real bad, also to me looks like u have a restriction somewhere or you are overcharged. Start with that in mind n see what you can do

·
Registered
27 Posts
You have one of two issues, or maybe both. Start with air flow ( air filter, duct size and Blower speed) if all good, do a system recovery, replace filter drier, a good hour of vacuum pump.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts