HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a follow-up to my post from this past Tuesday. 3 more techniques that helped me improve my Adwords ROI significantly:

Don't ignore conversion tracking
– Conversion tracking is a free snippet of code that you place on your website so google can track which keywords turn into customers. This allows me to bid more for those keywords that create conversions and pause the ones that don’t.

Use google analytics - Another free snippet of code added to your website that provides useful insight into visitor movement, allowing you to make adjustments and test your changes. Google analytics is a free account that allows you to connect conversion tracking to your analytics account. I find it to be a true gem for managing a successful AdWords campaign.

Creating lack-luster ad copy – Each ad contains only 95 characters so Google gives us very little room to grab the searchers attention. I always carefully think through the ad copy before posting. Ads must be compelling and relevant, focusing on individual aspects of your customer’s needs.

Each ad should address a different and specific need and offer solutions to these needs. I found that being descriptive and focused, and offering enticing coupons or discounts worked well. Then tell them exactly what to do next with a strong call- to-action.

As I think of them, I'll post more tips that have worked very well for me over the last 10 years of using Adwords. Does anyone else have any secret little tips they would like share? Always looking for ways to improve my account.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is a follow-up to my post from this past Tuesday. 3 more techniques that helped me improve my Adwords ROI significantly:

Don't ignore conversion tracking
– Conversion tracking is a free snippet of code that you place on your website so google can track which keywords turn into customers. This allows me to bid more for those keywords that create conversions and pause the ones that don’t.

Use google analytics - Another free snippet of code added to your website that provides useful insight into visitor movement, allowing you to make adjustments and test your changes. Google analytics is a free account that allows you to connect conversion tracking to your analytics account. I find it to be a true gem for managing a successful AdWords campaign.

Creating lack-luster ad copy – Each ad contains only 95 characters so Google gives us very little room to grab the searchers attention. I always carefully think through the ad copy before posting. Ads must be compelling and relevant, focusing on individual aspects of your customer’s needs.

Each ad should address a different and specific need and offer solutions to these needs. I found that being descriptive and focused, and offering enticing coupons or discounts worked well. Then tell them exactly what to do next with a strong call- to-action.

As I think of them, I'll post more tips that have worked very well for me over the last 10 years of using Adwords. Does anyone else have any secret little tips they would like share? Always looking for ways to improve my account.
Love it. Good stuff here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts