PA registration - HVAC Codes and Certifications - HVACSite

PA registration

Old 07-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
Tech./Sales Consultant

Trade: H-VAC Consulting

PA registration

Have all of you PA contractors registered for the mandatory state wide HVAC registration?

Do you all know what is required to be put on your trucks, business cards,j invoices and proposals?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. HVACSite.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 12-26-2009, 02:22 AM   #2
Eddy

Trade: Sure this , how about this , I'm the best. I'm surprised you had to ask really.

Re: PA registration

I thought they only needed a ball cap in PA ?
Old 12-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #3

Trade: Service/Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I thought they only needed a ball cap in PA ?
That changed in July of this year.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
Eddy

Trade: Sure this , how about this , I'm the best. I'm surprised you had to ask really.

They require it to be a Steelers ball cap now ?
Old 12-26-2009, 05:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
They require it to be a Steelers ball cap now ?
LOL... Eagles.

I hate the Eagles.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:06 AM   #6
Tech./Sales Consultant

Trade: H-VAC Consulting

I didn't even know they made football caps.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #7

Trade: T.M. Benoist Brothers Supply since 02-1987

They look like a run cap silly
Old 12-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpb2 View Post
They look like a run cap silly

ROFL
Old 03-26-2010, 02:42 AM   #9

Trade: Master HVAC, Master Gasfitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
Have all of you PA contractors registered for the mandatory state wide HVAC registration?

Do you all know what is required to be put on your trucks, business cards,j invoices and proposals?

Tried to go online and see what Pa wants but since im not a Philadelphia Lawyer it was greek to me. Good Luck.

I have followed the rules here in Va. but we now have so many tailgaters with class C HVAC licenses im thinking whats the point.

Actually its all about the money that they can suck out of you when you register.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:06 PM   #10

Trade: RESIDENTIAL, COMMERICAL, INDUSTRIAL, CERTIFIED608

I thought the laws in Virgina were a pair of six shooters strapped to your side when you hand the bill to the customer.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:23 AM   #11

Trade: Master HVAC, Master Gasfitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULTINI View Post
I thought the laws in Virgina were a pair of six shooters strapped to your side when you hand the bill to the customer.
What costs the customers Virginia is not small business friendly. Example. 2002,2007 Ford Vans personal property tax paid this year $1290.00. New tags for 1 year $99.50 Local tag for vehicles $50.00.Oh I forgot you dont know about personal property tax. Its a tax paid every year for vehicles. Business vehicles get no tax breaks. Gross receipts tax in every jurisdiction you work in. O.K. Now add that to the special license you need to use most dumps.$50.00 per truck, around 50 bucks for two inspection's.Add smog inspection 76.00. Lets see thats $1565.00 @ a 10% profit thats $15650.00 you gotta bring in to cover two trucks. Have a business with yourself and 1 employee, Have to have an office in a zoned Commercial area, least expensive place I could find was 850.00/month, but went to $1150.00 in two years, O.K. now our total is
roughly 28k/yr now at 10% we are at yep thats right so many dollars eaten up with the small stuff. Want to work for yourself out of your home, can't do it in most areas no such thing as a home occupancy permit. We are in an area that you can have a home occ. but no permanantly lettered trucks allowe unless truck can be parked on private property and the sinage cannot be seen from the road. Oh by the way no employees permitted. Park a non lettered truck on the street? If over 21 foot you get a ticket. Want a sign for your business, go to zoning pay em $100.00 for a sign review and if your sign is approved, at least here, it can not be bigger than 2x2. Want to put a small sign on your door for emergency contact for fire or police to get you, opps sign permit. Are you starting to see why Im inquiring about Pa.? How about a Yellow page add, in this area if not a full page its a waste of money full page in heat and cool add another 15K for a cheap book. So now we are well over yep staggering isnt it, and we have not talked about phones, payroll, insurance vacation pay etc. Are you starting to see why Im inquiring about Pa.? Want a home here to live in? Town home, in decent neighborhood $150 to 300K, detached home $300 to 500k.Are you starting to see why Im inquiring about Pa.? In short Va has done a great job of elimiating any posibility of a guy working for himself and making a decent living. Are you sarting to see why service prices are out of sight here? I agree they are high. Wow just read this, forgot if you want to pull a permit in an area you dont work in you need a contractors license for that city, county berg whatever it is. Some are kind and will honor a license from your home area if you dont do 25k/year. Finally Va has three classes A B and C. Many of us are class A or B Need a full masters lic. or a journeyman. Don't have that? O.K. Pay the money and be a class C, If you can spell "it" figure how to make change for something that costs 50 cents and are handed a dollar, you qualify to be a class C. Are you starting to see why Im inquiring about Pa.? Now the bigger question is is this a usual situation out of Va? If it is all there will be left in a few years will be the really big contractors.

Last edited by Dinosaur; 04-01-2010 at 01:33 AM. Reason: forgot to add something