Are You Wasting Your Money On Google AdWords? - Business, Marketing, and Sales - HVACSite

Are You Wasting Your Money On Google AdWords?

Old 03-25-2014, 02:21 PM   #1

Trade: HVAC

Are You Wasting Your Money On Google AdWords?

I've been doing Adwords for my HVAC site for 10 years. Looking back, I can't tell you how much money I wasted in the early years. For the last 7-8 years or so it has worked out for me extremely well. Here's a few critical mistakes we all make in the beginning. Fix these and your ROI will improve dramatically:

Sending paid search traffic to your home page - Doing this can negatively affect both your conversion rate and your AdWords quality score. Send users to the most relevant section of your website to ensure the conversion process is as easy as possible.

Competing for too many keywords - 80% of your conversions are created by just 20% of your keywords. The rest are a waste of time, energy, and money. Unproductive Keywords deplete your monthly budget but provide no tangible ROI. Finding the most effective keywords is as simple as using conversion tracking, a hugely critical component to adwords success.

Competing for the top spot when your budget won’t allow it – Many advertisers like to see their ad show up in the number one or two positions when someone types in a system replacement or demand service inquiry. That’ s well and good if you have a budget that allows it, but most HVAC business owners are simply undermining their ability to reach as many shoppers as possible. Instead, focus your attention on qualified traffic and conversions.

Out of time for now but I will post 3 more ways to improve your adwords results tomorrow.

best to all

Last edited by michaelhaines; 03-25-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. HVACSite.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 12-08-2015, 05:58 PM   #2

Trade: HVAC, Heating & Cooling, Heating & Air

Re: Are You Wasting Your Money On Google AdWords?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhaines View Post
Competing for the top spot when your budget won’t allow it – Many advertisers like to see their ad show up in the number one or two positions when someone types in a system replacement or demand service inquiry. That’ s well and good if you have a budget that allows it, but most HVAC business owners are simply undermining their ability to reach as many shoppers as possible. Instead, focus your attention on qualified traffic and conversions.

Out of time for now but I will post 3 more ways to improve your adwords results tomorrow.

best to all
Agreed. You don't need to be #1. You just need to max your budget for the day on quality clicks. Who cares if you're #6 if you're getting quality clicks and volume.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:08 PM   #3

Trade: Air-conditioning

The most important thing is to manage your budget and get the optimal ROI. Getting on the top of the Ad does not equal to quality leads.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:20 PM   #4

Trade: Repair and Replacement

It's good advice! We actually ended up learning the same thing through trial and error. Keep in mind that keywords get added as your ad runs, so you have to monitor it and filter out the irrelevant terms and phrases as you're running your campaign, too.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:07 AM   #5

Trade: Right Now - www.rightnowcleaning.com

thanks for sharing... good advice...
Old 11-19-2017, 03:16 PM   #6
"Username" T. - Always Pr

Trade: Always Preferred - www.wedefineclean.net

your advice is very good. thank you. I've wasted my money on google ads once, but this time I'll follow your advice.

"Username" T. - Always Preferred
www.wedefineclean.net
Old 11-19-2017, 05:14 PM   #7

Trade: Right Now - www.rightnowcleaning.com

I agree totally, you can be at the top of the leads but not get a real sale form that,
Old 01-11-2018, 08:39 AM   #8

There is a balance that needs to be achieved, being on the top often means you spent the most, which is not what you want to do.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:59 AM   #9

Those are very wise tips on using adwords, totally can related to it