Quality Smith Leads

Old 05-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #1

Trade: HVACSite.com

Quality Smith Leads

Has anyone had any success with this company or any other pay per lead generation services?

Thanks

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. HVACSite.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 06-02-2011, 02:34 AM   #2

Trade: HVAC Service, Roofing contractor

Re: Quality Smith Leads

A couple of things I can tell about them is they are good in pre-screening the leads. And the other good thing is that you're paying only for a set appointment. However, I prefer freelancers to fetch me leads.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
Ben Landers | HVAC SEO

Trade: HVAC Websites & Marketing

Well, did you try them? How did it work? Buying leads is fine, but in my opinion, you ought to devote at least some time/money to building your own lead generation system (whether you pay a company to do this for you or do it on your own is your call, but you should do it either way!).

Best of luck and let us know how it works!

Ben
Old 09-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #4

Trade: Heating and Cooling

Quality Smith no longer pre screens leads. They sell the leads to more then 4 contractors even though they say they sell to only 4. We tried them and the results were not good at all.... most customers were bogus or not serious buyers.

Spend your marketing budget on something else IMO
Old 03-26-2013, 06:16 AM   #5
Ben Landers | HVAC SEO

Trade: HVAC Websites & Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDoctor View Post
Absolutly agree.
You should buy from a lead generating company and at a same time get your own marketing in place. This way few years down the road, you can have your own lead generation in place.
Sweet link-plant in your previous post. Guess you haven't been reading Google's webmaster guidelines about keyword-targeted anchor links in forum posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDoctor View Post
From what i noticed, and i do hvac lead generation full time, cost wise, it is cheaper to buy leads.
Cheaper in the short-term, yes. BUT little long-term value is created.

My $.02.

Ben
Old 03-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #6

Trade: hvac sales

Ive never had much luck with leed generating services because almost every leed I was given was bogus, no one would answer the phone and when they did they werent serious buyers, I would not reccomend them to anyone !1 out of 30 might be legit and if you can get in front of a customer your competing against 4 or 5 other guys.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #7

I sell for seeveral companies and leed services have really dismayed me by there diception, new companies pay a fair price and rely on there leeds to be legit, to many times thats not the case ! Phone numbers with no greeting that never get answered, getting fax machines when you call your leed number. I wont mention names in a public forum but refuse to pay for any leed that you cant even speak to the customer to setup a estimate.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #8

I sell hvac for several companies, I go to the prospects home and give a sales presentation to sell them a hvac replacement system. Im a independent sales company and when a hvac contractors get a leed they call me , I sell on commission so this saves the hvac companies overhead expenses.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #9

Yes companies give me the leed and I sell the installation, my area is louisville ky and southern indiana, I have a confidentiality agreement with each companie I represent and if 2 contractors give me the same leed I sell for who ever contacted me first.but this rarely happens.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #10

You seem sincere about the quality of your leeds so when you cover this area I will ask my clients to give you a try .
Old 03-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #11

If I coulld give you one bit of advice from a sales perspective it would be this, if you always keep your leeds legit you will be successful, the contractor may buy the leeds but its the sales people who give you the thumbs up or down to there employer, we just want to get in front of a buying customer and if we can do that the rest is up to us ! Its the sales people who will reccomend your service to other sales people and future employers. If you keep this philosophy you cant go wrong !!