Need more professional presentation - Business, Marketing, and Sales - HVACSite

Need more professional presentation

Old 05-28-2015, 12:22 AM   #1

Trade: HVAC, Plumbing

Need more professional presentation

Hey Everyone,
I have a competitor that is just killing me with an invoice (they call it an investment guide). Basically its a proposal that has picture of the furnaces/AC, pics of the thermostats and it is set up in a Good Better Best layout. The prices and units range from low cost to the top of the line, and my customers are all asking for prices on several models, and waving these damn proposals in my face (or just buying from them) I have my prices figured out, but am terrible with spreadsheets and things... I can't find anything on the internet for a template.
Does anybody know of anything out their I can buy and have modified to present better?

Thanks alot
M37

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. HVACSite.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 05-28-2015, 11:42 PM   #2

Trade: Air Duct Cleaning

Re: Need more professional presentation

try looking into info graphics, I think it would def help with your business despite the fact that now a days everybody is all about efficiency, there is a website that I have been using to create my info graphics the website is called http://infogr.am their basic package is $15, (PLEASE DO NOT MARK THIS AS SPAM, I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE WEBSITE MENTIONED ABOVE I AM JUST TRYING TO HELP THIS GUY OUT THANK YOU!)
How ever if you do not wish to spend the money there are websites out there which would allow you to create info graphics for free with their logo on it, Adobe Illustrator is a good program too if you are familiar with the whole adobe pack.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:48 PM   #3

Trade: Air Duct Cleaning

try looking into info graphics, I think it would def help with your business despite the fact that now a days everybody is all about efficiency, there is a website that I have been using to create my info graphics the website is called http://infogr.am their basic package is $15, (PLEASE DO NOT MARK THIS AS SPAM, I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE WEBSITE MENTIONED ABOVE I AM JUST TRYING TO HELP THIS GUY OUT THANK YOU!)
How ever if you do not wish to spend the money there are websites out there which would allow you to create info graphics for free with their logo on it, Adobe Illustrator is a good program too if you are familiar with the whole adobe pack.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:07 PM   #4

Trade: Smithlesse

There are a bunch of tutorials for After Effects. Try googling it
Old 01-27-2016, 01:05 AM   #5

Trade: HVAC

We are using Canva's drag-and-drop info graphics maker. Its really good and it's free with options to addon

Last edited by acseeker; 01-27-2016 at 01:08 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:51 PM   #6

Trade: HVAC Marketing

If you are still looking for a solution and you want one that is "done for you" - contact me.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:53 PM   #7

I think you could go with a number of great resources in PowerPoint to at least get something put together and printed at a local printer.

Graphic River: http://graphicriver.net/category/pre...oint-templates has some neat PAID templates. (I'm not affiliated with them).

Slides Carnival has some FREE ones: http://www.slidescarnival.com/catego...-presentations (Not affiliated with these guys either).

I think what you're looking for is:
1. A page that describes your business and what is different about you (great customer service or high end products)
2. A "pricing table" page - that shows the "good, better, best" options and their pricing
3. Additional pages to help your customers decide the package that works for them.
4. A Call to Action page to remind them to call you!

That's at least where I'd start to see where you can go from there!

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:02 PM   #8

Trade: HVAC contractor

Have you tried looking for a graphic designer on Craigslist, or do you know anyone with high school aged kids? It sounds pretty simple, and you should be able to get something like that made custom for $100-200.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:07 AM   #9

Oh, Slides Carnival looks pretty nice and has some free ones to test out.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:42 AM   #10

This is something I haven't even thought of. Everyone in my area does the same paper quotes with nothing fancy. Thanks for sparking my interest and hopefully helping me out with my quotes and invoices.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:16 PM   #11

Canva.com is a good site to make something for free but I don't know how you could go about having something you created there printed. Either way, I think making something is definitely worth the $100 or so to get enough copies to last you quite a while.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:56 AM   #12

Trade: Air-conditioning Contractor

You can try canva.com, i feel that its quite good!
Old 05-16-2017, 11:50 AM   #13

Trade: Repair and Replacement

If you're looking to make your own, Canva.com is really great. Especially if you're not much of a graphic designer. The templates make it pretty easy to do and even if you purchase graphics or templates through their site, the costs is next to nothing.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:49 AM   #14

I got the say we use Canva.com too. Even for its premium elements its not that expensive.