Email Marketing - Business, Marketing, and Sales - HVACSite

Email Marketing

Old 01-16-2017, 11:12 AM   #1

Trade: HVAC

Email Marketing

What are your thoughts about collecting your customers email addresses and sending out a few emails to them each year?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. HVACSite.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 01-24-2017, 06:01 AM   #2

Re: Email Marketing

I'm up in the air about this. It could be good to remind them that you are still there to service their systems or it could be seen as annoying.

I think it might be ok if you are only sending a couple a year. Maybe a spring and fall checklist to get their systems ready or a Christmas letter. Something that is not to heavy in sales pitches would be ok.

For me personally, I hate getting emails from companies unless I asked for them. Most mass emails get filtered out by my spam controls anyway.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:20 PM   #3

I would agree that one needs to be careful about the amount of emails they would send. Do any of you call your customers after a completed service or repair just to check in to see if they are happy with the service? My car repair shop does this and I appreciate the inquiry. I think that sending a friendly email at around every 1/4 of the year as a reminder to check their filter and in that same email a note twice a year that it is maintenance time is about the right amount. How do you all feel about 4 times a year contact? How many of you do this type of followup and do you find it beneficial?
Old 05-16-2017, 02:09 PM   #4

Trade: Repair and Replacement

Overall, you could do it, but the amount of leads may not be worth the ROI - specifically the time invested. You may be better off spending that time working on your Local SEO (making sure your listing is on Google, Yelp, Angie's List, etc.) and following up with customers by phone regarding annual maintenance visits to see if you can build long-term relationships with your clients.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:29 PM   #5

Trade: Right Now - www.rightnowcleaning.com

It is good to have a customer base with their emails, and send only RELEVANT informations, such as special PROMOS (i.e. Black Friday) not all the deals each month... if I get too much info I unsubscribe or block the email.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:25 PM   #6
"Username" T. - Always Pr

Trade: Always Preferred - www.wedefineclean.net

sending information, update, and notifications to your customer via email is a good option.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:38 AM   #7

Trade: electrical

Keeping the contact up to date by sending a few emails is good. You got to be sure though not to look like spam or like you are prying them for more business. Just make it look like what it is, which is just wishing them well with their life and if they need anything to let them know. You want to be caring not annoying.

CraigFalls44- Idaho Carpet
www.idahocarpetandrestoration.com
Old 01-25-2018, 01:48 PM   #8

I agree with Craig
Old 02-12-2018, 12:07 PM   #9

In my opinion email marketing is pretty dead. We are getting very poor open rates with email marketing. WhatsApp marketing on the other hand seems more personal and we see a better response rate. For example: checking in on old clients if there is any ac issues they need help with.