Tips, Tricks, Advice.

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 05:30 AM   #81
Senior Member
 
beenthere's Avatar
 
Trade: Service/Installation
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 844
Default

Re: Tips, Tricks, Advice.


Run the line to individual fused disconnects for each RTU.

__________________
How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?
beenthere is online now  
Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. HVACSite.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 12-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #82
Senior Member
 
hvaclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: burbs of detroit
Posts: 599
Default

Re: Tips, Tricks, Advice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
Run the line to individual fused disconnects for each RTU.
You must still have the Christmas Spirit...Fancy Shoes is gonna kill himself cause he knows so little. Even the poorest students I saw as an HVAC instructors didn't even come close the lack of learning Fancy Shoes projects thru his questions.

You really think his posts belong here?
__________________
Not Stupid, Just slow
hvaclover is offline  
Old 12-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #83
Junior Member
 
Fancy Shoes's Avatar
 
Trade: HVACR
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 11
Default

Re: Tips, Tricks, Advice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
You must still have the Christmas Spirit...Fancy Shoes is gonna kill himself cause he knows so little. Even the poorest students I saw as an HVAC instructors didn't even come close the lack of learning Fancy Shoes projects thru his questions.

You really think his posts belong here?
I guess you would have hated being a instructor in my class, becuase I was actually the best person in my class. I had the highest GPA along with everyone asking me questions when instructor was busy.

Just the fact alone of me joining a forum to read and see what other bits of knowledge I can pick up on here shows that I am just wanting to learn as much as possible.

So just go ahead a put me down a bit more! I will kill my self because I asked a question about 2 RTUs sharing a breaker when I have never seen that before? I dont think so!
Fancy Shoes is offline  
Old 12-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #84
Senior Member
 
beenthere's Avatar
 
Trade: Service/Installation
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 844
Default

Re: Tips, Tricks, Advice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
You must still have the Christmas Spirit...Fancy Shoes is gonna kill himself cause he knows so little. Even the poorest students I saw as an HVAC instructors didn't even come close the lack of learning Fancy Shoes projects thru his questions.

You really think his posts belong here?
Thats for the Mods of this forum to decide.

I offer advise to aid him in his learning. I can't make him take the advise, but I can give it.
__________________
How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?
beenthere is online now  
Old 12-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #85
Senior Member
 
hvaclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: burbs of detroit
Posts: 599
Default

Re: Tips, Tricks, Advice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
Thats for the Mods of this forum to decide.

I offer advise to aid him in his learning. I can't make him take the advise, but I can give it.
I am inferring the unsophisticated nature of his posts smack of someone who is not a pro. And I do believe this site is PROS ONLY, is it not?

You read his other posts?
__________________
Not Stupid, Just slow
hvaclover is offline  
Old 12-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #86
Senior Member
 
beenthere's Avatar
 
Trade: Service/Installation
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 844
Default

Re: Tips, Tricks, Advice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
I am inferring the unsophisticated nature of his posts smack of someone who is not a pro. And I do believe this site is PROS ONLY, is it not?

You read his other posts?
Read them. Sounds like young(could be changing trades in mid life) and little experience. Like may others I have seen posting over the years. Get out of trade school and get thrown to the wolves shortly after getting a job. They end up having no place but the forums to ask questions cause they don't get to ride with other more experienced techs.
__________________
How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?
beenthere is online now  
Old 12-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #87
Tech./Sales Consultant
 
RoBoTeq's Avatar
 
Trade: H-VAC Consulting
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lancaster County, PA
Posts: 609
Default

Re: Tips, Tricks, Advice.


Geez, clover, you're a little grumpy today...I thought I was supposed to be the grumpy one this time of year.

Let me guess; you didn't get what you "really" wanted for Christmas....did ya?
RoBoTeq is offline  
Old 12-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #88
Junior Member
 
Fancy Shoes's Avatar
 
Trade: HVACR
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 11
Default

Re: Tips, Tricks, Advice.


This Hvaclover makes me feel so welcome. he send me a pm saying that I am most likely a DIY hack or a Handyman. when in fact I am neither, I am working in the field. I just like to have questions answered. to be honest I wish I new of classes in Indianapolis where I could learn more. however the fact that I have no cash to take more classes leaves me looking to books and online to learn more of the detailed things. I hate people who dont do things right. and When a company says you have 30 minutes to install a new unitl, 10 minutes to do a PM, while they are raking in 80 and hour, paying me 15 of that, I really dont get the correct approach to what I would like to know.


And since I have been asking questions in regards to the topic being discussed in the topic of each thread, I am withen the rules of the forum, I really dont like making new threads to post questions related to other topics.
Fancy Shoes is offline  
Old 12-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #89
Senior Member
 
beenthere's Avatar
 
Trade: Service/Installation
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 844
Default

Re: Tips, Tricks, Advice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy Shoes View Post
I hate people who dont do things right. and When a company says you have 30 minutes to install a new unitl, 10 minutes to do a PM, while they are raking in 80 and hour, paying me 15 of that, I really dont get the correct approach to what I would like to know.

LOL. Sorry for laughing. but your comment of raking in is some what humorous. once you get to the biz side, you learn why.


Often its better to start a new thread even if it is on the same subject.
__________________
How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?
beenthere is online now  
Old 12-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #90
Junior Member
 
Fancy Shoes's Avatar
 
Trade: HVACR
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 11
Default

Re: Tips, Tricks, Advice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
LOL. Sorry for laughing. but your comment of raking in is some what humorous. once you get to the biz side, you learn why.


Often its better to start a new thread even if it is on the same subject.
Its alright, I understand that a company charges a hourly rate that mostly goes to insurance and equipment, taxes and more taxes and that not a lot is left. especially if they raise taxes to 40% for people over $400,000 a year like they want.

Every other forum I have been a apart of, they hate when people start new threads on same topic as others.
Fancy Shoes is offline  
Old 12-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #91
Senior Member
 
beenthere's Avatar
 
Trade: Service/Installation
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 844
Default

Re: Tips, Tricks, Advice.


If the answer is already in another thread of same topic, yes.
__________________
How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?
beenthere is online now  
Old 12-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #92
Senior Member
 
hvaclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: burbs of detroit
Posts: 599
Default

Re: Tips, Tricks, Advice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
Geez, clover, you're a little grumpy today...I thought I was supposed to be the grumpy one this time of year.

Let me guess; you didn't get what you "really" wanted for Christmas....did ya?
Got what I wanted x2.
__________________
Not Stupid, Just slow
hvaclover is offline  


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join Now... It's Fast and FREE!

I am a professional contractor
I am a DIY Homeowner
Drywall Talk is for
PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTORS ONLY!

At DrywallTalk.com we cater exlusivly to professional contractors who make their living as a contractor. Knowing that many homeowners and DIYers are looking for a community to call home, we've created www.DIYChatroom.com DIY Chatroom is full of helpful advices and perfect for DIY homeowners.

Redirecing in 10 seconds
No Thanks
terms of service

Already Have an Account?


SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1