HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner

Penn and foster

12K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  andreeakamaras 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if any one has taken the HVAC course at penn and foster on line school? Please let me know.

#2 ·
I think you can get some of the basics from an online course. But you lose the advantage of hearing the questions that others have, that you didn't/don't think to ask. Let alone the hands on of an actual class.

#14 ·
Valid? All it will mean is you took a course. It won't mean that you can work in any state that requires a license, as its not a license.

I have a lot of certificates of completion from manufacturers. Means nothing in any state. Which is most likely what you'll get from the average online course. "Certificate of Completion".

Most companies won't hire someone with online training/education only. Except as a helper/apprentice.

If your looking to start your own business. Some states will require X years/hours of job experience with a licensed company(they must sign the papers that you worked for them) in order to take their test.

The one you would probably have the best bet with is http://www.ferris.edu/cot/hvacr/
It should be recognized in most places. Since they are the number 1 college for HVAC degrees. However, it is not a license to work or operate a business in any state. Only a state can issue that.

Ferris's course may get you an AA degree. I didn't read that far. But most will recognize the Ferris name.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.